Lewes Eco Open Houses
Lewes Eco Open houses is an event promoting low carbon lifestyles and reducing household energy demand by opening to the public 10-20 local ‘Eco Houses’ over one or two weekends.
These are real households achieving super low energy use that are committed to sustainable living. At the moment this site displays the information for the last event in 2014, as there was no event in 2015. The next is scheduled for October 2016, when visitors can get an idea of efficient heating and insulation in action as we enter winter.
As soon as funding is finalised we will enter details of the 2016 houses. Many are already confirmed, with hopefully a good number of new ones! In the meantime the site is showing house details of the last event in 2014.
Reasons to visit
- How to cut bills and CO2 emissions by up to 90%
- Making your house more energy efficient and comfortable
- Local Professionals/Architects/Installers
- Green technology–heat pumps/ biomass boilers/ solar panels/ super insulation
- Sustainable lifestyles – vegetable growing, rainwater harvesting, natural materials
- What works best/cheapest/what failed!
- Ingenious ideas to use at home
- Grants and Low cost/ No cost measures
- Case studies for each house, giving technical details and contacts for professionals
The 2016 event will be organised by Go Local Community Interest Company supported by local partner organisations Transition Town Lewes and Hassocks, Keymer and Ditchling Transition.