Lewes Eco Open Houses
Lewes Eco Open houses is an event promoting low carbon lifestyles and reducing household energy demand by opening to the public 10-20 local ‘Eco Houses’ over one or two weekends. These are real households achieving super low energy use that are committed to sustainable living.
This year we are opening on the weekends of 15/16 and 22/23 October 2016, when we will be opening 13 houses, 7 of which are new to the event and are opening for the first time. This includes some exciting new builds, including a PassivHaus, and some extensive and elegant refurbishments of existing houses.
If you click the link to the brochure in the top left corner you will be able to get a good over view of this year's houses.
Booking visits - we have just introduced a scheme for booked tours for some of the houses but many will still be open on an informal drop in basis. If you go to the Book Tours tab you will see a schedule of the visits and be able to click links to book a time to visit.
The 2016 event has been made possible by generous funding via the Big Lottery.
Reasons to visit
- How to cut bills and CO2 emissions by up to 90%
- Making your house more energy efficient and comfortable
- Local Professionals/Architects/Installers
- Green technology–heat pumps/ biomass boilers/ solar panels/ super insulation
- Sustainable lifestyles – vegetable growing, rainwater harvesting, natural materials
- What works best/cheapest/what failed!
- Ingenious ideas to use at home
- Grants and Low cost/ No cost measures
- Case studies for each house, giving technical details and contacts for professionals
The 2016 event will be organised by Go Local Community Interest Company in collaboration with Transition Town Lewes.